My new online program – “Standing Out – Building Your Personal Brand” was launched last week, which
will assist you to define and build your Personal Brand so you can consistently reinforce who you are in your
career or business and help you stand out from the competition.
Did you know most job seekers and small business owners are not aware of the importance of having a
good personal brand? The benefits of having a great personal brand include:
- How to sell your point of difference, your uniqueness to potential employers?
- What you should and shouldn’t be putting on social media?
- Did you know that recruiters and potential clients are researching you online and performing a Google search as part of the shortlisting process?
Hi, I’m Katie and my story or Personal Brand is my extensive experience in professionally developing job
application documents for job seekers across all occupations and levels for nearly 18 years. As a small
business owner, I can empathise with other small business owners about the difficulty of promoting their
business, personal brand and point of difference.
I initially started as a Franchisee with a national resume franchise for 15 years and identified the gap that a
service was not being provided to educate job seekers on the importance of their personal brand and how
to promote their personal brand during the recruitment process. I left the franchise in July 2018 and started
ECM Consulting with the aim of educating clients, both job seekers and small business owners on the
importance of defining and promoting their personal brand.
Reasons for a great Personal Brand…
Today’s job market is getting more and more competitive, so that old saying, “you only get one chance to
make a first impression” or “standing out” from the other applicants really counts when it comes to your
online reputation. Employers, hiring managers and clients look at job candidates or business owners’ social
media profiles for four things:
- Information that supports a candidate’s qualifications
- Professionalism of a candidates or business owners’ online persona
- What other people are posting about the job candidate or business owners
- Reasons not to hire a candidate or business owner
Recruiters and/or hiring managers are conducting Google searches of applicants and/or using plug-ins via
seek.com.au and LinkedIn to check out their “personal brand”, as part of the shortlisting process.
Job seekers can benefit from having a professional and identifiable personal brand; and as Kankia Tolver, CEO from Career Rehab stated: “No matter what position you are in, it’s a great time to set yourself apart from other applicants”. She suggested that job seekers should write articles about their industries and expertise, LinkedIn is a great platform for this; and in addition, present online or face to face talks to get your name and brand out into the world.
Why You Should Build Your Personal Brand…
Your personal brand tells the story of who you are personally and professionally.
It is how you present yourself to current and potential employers and/or clients, and also gives you the
opportunity to ensure that people see you in the way you want them to.
It gives you the opportunity to highlight your strengths, values and passions; and assists recruiters and/or
customers to get to know you better and trust you.
Your personal brand can help you define your why and reach your goals, and a strong personal brand can
increase the chances of securing job interviews, being promoted and increasing business clients.
In this 4 module program, you will learn how to …
- Build your personal brand and the benefits
- Evaluate your skills and strengths through a SWOT / Gap Analysis
- Use social media to promote your personal brand
- Tips for great headshots on social media profiles (for all corporate branding photographs – check out – Sonny & Kat Photography)
- Conduct a Personal Brand Audit
- Damage Control and improve your online/offline reputation
The four-module online program is self-paced and includes four workshop modules and workbooks
with self-assessments and exercises. I recommend completing one module per week.
If you would like more information on how to improve and build your personal brand, my new online
coaching program is being offered at the special price of $197.00.
Click here to register for the program.
Contact me for more information.